Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.equipment,uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jg.campbell.ng@gmail.com is offline

Default Battery life of wireless doorbell

GB wrote:
"RiTSo" wrote in message
. ..
Ziggy wrote:

:: What is the approximate battery life of the receiver of a wire free
:: door chime?

"Push button battery included, 3 year battery life"

I imagine the 3 year battery life refers to the push button

[Anecdotal, unscientific, and realying on a poor memory.] I recently
had to replace the push button battery (Duracell MN21/23) after about
nine months. I *think* the chime batteries lasted considerably longer,
but I cannot say for definite (I carry a supply of AAs, while sourcing
an MN21/23 is a more memorable event.)

Another consideration. The house that this chime is used in has very
thick stone walls (~ two feet, and subject to damp); in order for the
signal to reach the living room (deaf occupant[1]), the receiver has to
be carefully sited so that the signal needs pass through only the
external wall.

[1] Of course, maybe that's the reason why the battery lasted only nine
months

Best regards,

Jon C.