Posted to uk.d-i-y
xena xena is offline

Default 1.7kW Storage heater plugged into ring main?

"Derek Geldard" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:59:09 -0000, "xena"
wrote:

I would expect the immersion is on it's own circuit. The W/M & T/D
together with the addition of 1.7Kw of storage won't overload a ring
main given the diversity factor.

On balance, would it be ok to plug it into the mains, or do I really want
be hard wiring a new spur into the off-peak board?

It's OK.

I've just checked the fuseboard again and the immersion is on it's own
circuit, not on the ring main as I posted earlier. I'm happy now that I can
just plug the storage heater into the mains.

Thank you very much to everyone who posted on this thread.
xena