Posted to alt.home.repair
gmark gmark is offline

Default How Much Salt Does a Softener Use?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"gmark" wrote in message

Well, thanks, everybody! It looks like my old softener was the
aberration, and
this one is operating within a normal range. And I will get a water
test done.

Please, don't "get" a water test done. Buy the chemical and do it yourself.
It is less than $10 and all you do is put five drops of solution in the
water and see if it changes color. You can test it every few weeks that way
at your convenience.

That'd be my preference. But where? I assume it's similar, but not the
same,
as a pool water test kit. I guess I'll check Ace, then maybe some water
service
supply places, or just order it from the net.

Mark