Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris M \(SilverUnicorn\) Chris M \(SilverUnicorn\) is offline

Default Basement (concrete) subfloor options

If you just want th eplastic that's on the bottom of the DriCore you can
look into Delta products.

We used Delta FL in our basement and it's fantastic. Was $187 per roll, and
we used 3 rolls in our 900 sq. foot basement.

Info is at www.deltafl.com

Here are some pics of our install. We placed pergo directly over the Delta
FL product using a barrier in between for sound/insulation/warmth.

e-mail me if you have any questions about this.

Chris

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:08:31 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Borrall Wonnell wrote:

Hi all,

OP here. Surprisingly, the DRIcore system is available at several
retailers in my location, which is (sort of) good news for me. It
seems good for drainage/height, but doesn't appear to have much
insulation value. I don't think it supports a floor covering like
hardwood, so I would likely require an OSB/plywood covering on top of
the DRIcore (long staples, etc.)

My basement is pretty cold, so I have been avoiding DRIcore as an
option despite the advantages. It sells for about $8 (CDN) for a 2'x2'
piece. FWIW, I believe that another company sells a liner system
similar to the DRIcore base. I forget the name of said company.

Any opinions on placing extruded polystyrene (R5/inch) directly on the
concrete floor? That's essentially what I originally asked about.

It will eventually fail if it is actually carrying the floor load. Small
movements against the concrete with gradually grind the PS to dust. If
you shoot down PT 2x material to actually support the sub floor and use
the PS in between they should last.

Glue it in place.