Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default No clean cuts on kitchen granite?

"# Fred #" wrote in message
. ..
No matter how high end the kitchens are, I've not seen a clean on site cut
on a kitchen granite top yet including the ones in the granite showrooms.
If you look at the mating edges where two granite slabs are butted
together, you will see a gap of about 1/16" and the cut on the granite
surface with thousands of small micro chips down the cut. In contrast, the
factory cuts are so smooth and nearly invisible.

So why can't the best pros do a clean cut in the field? Could it be done
in the field?

I have all clean cuts on my kitchen counters, But as mentioned it was all
prefabricated at the shop. The installer said there is a lot of hacks out
there they cut it in their garage with hand tool ( circular saws with
diamond blades) People have told there granite was cut right in the
driveway. It's like anything do your home work especially on finding an
installer. I went threw a big shop show room there own installers.