Ed Huntress

Default Clark is correct

"Don Wilkins" wrote in message

big snip

Because it is not politically correct to suggest that one student may
not learn as well as another. When I was in school each grade had an
"A" & a "B" class and everyone knew what those designations meant. If
one suggested that today there would be a tar and feather party and a
trip out of town on a rail. Actually I think both groups would benefit
as both could be taught closer to their level of competence but the PC
police wouldn't allow it.

'Sorry for clipping so much interesting thought, but, in the interest of
time, just one thing you may be interested in: My son's school does have two
tracks, with A and B classes in nearly every program. In math, it's three
tracks: "Standard," "Advanced," and "Accelerated," which is Advanced at
double-time. There are no apologies made for it.

Ed Huntress