Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default countertop suggestions

"Art" writes:

Except my wife hates seams in the countertop.

Are you certain yet you'll have seams though? Before assuming,
rough sketch up your kitchen and fax it in to a granite fabricator
asking if it'll be possible for that layout to be done from a single
piece of granite without any seam joints.

FWIW, my granite countertops have 0 seams. They were 43 square feet
total. Longest piece of my counter was 105" (25" deep through most of
it, but a J shape at the end/corner that goes out to 36"). The other
pieces were a 47x26" island, a 13x25 and a 40x25 in there, and the 4"
backledge all around all from one hunk of granite with no seams.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://toddh.net/