Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Telephone / Modem / Fax Plugs ?

In article ,
Owain wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
There doesn't seem to be a definite standard for the pins used on these
RJ11 connectors though when only two are used - I've got a modem which
uses different ones from a cordless phone. Since it's basically the US
telephone connector I wonder why?

Because the UK line is on 2 and 5, or the outer wires of a flat 4-wire
cord5, and the US line is on 3 and 4, or the inner wires.

Yehbut that doesn't explain the RJ11 using different terminals. I can't
see them making a special PCB just for the UK so they can use a standard
UK telephone flex.

Owain

--
*'Progress' and 'Change' are not synonyms.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.