Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 01:01:31 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Simple question. Why have RTA's and road deaths INCREASED since speed
cameras where introduced?

Because silly prats batting along above the speed limit spot the camera
at the last moment and slam the anchors on. Taking following motorists
(also speeding or not) behind by surprise who promptly shunt them?

Yes, this does happen. It happens even when the leading motorist *isn't*
speeding. Had some one do that in front of me in lane 3 on the M6 at
70mph when they spotted the markings left over from some road works. I
nearly rammed them and the guy behind nearly rammed me and had very
frightened looked on his very white face.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail