Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

Tony Bryer wrote:

Definitely the case round here. The wardens concentrate on easy
pickings rather than the offenders who actually inconvenience or
endanger other road users. I commented at a residents' meeting on
the anarchy outside one of our schools at finishing time - double
parking and the rest - and was told that the wardens wouldn't go
there because they get so much grief from parents.

I called our local parking office to inform them that pikeys had invaded a
car park in town. Their reply was that they would inforn the 'traveller
liason officer'.

I complained that the pikeys were breaking every rule in the book, whilst
local residents get tickets at the drop of a hat. I suggested they send
some parking attendants to ticket the transits and was told they couldn't do
that, because the attendants might be subject to abuse or violence.

So I assume that if I am abusive & violent I am immune to parking tickets?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman