Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Yellow water from cold water tap

"REP" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
i would begin by letting the offending faucets water run a few times
for at least 30 minutes, you may be able to flush away whatever it is

I'll try running the water for periods over the weekend, but my hopes
are not high since the faucet was installed about a month ago (just
prior to X-mas).

If that doesn't work, I'll see if there is a way I can eliminate the
faucet itself. Do you know if there is any history of the flexible
(mesh?) metal hoses corroding or rusting? I thought the interior of
those were rubber and the exterior prevented bubbling or pressure
bursts. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if it's reasonable to
believe the problem would be the flexible hose.

I've never seen this problem occur with the flex hoses. I suggested
replacing it only because it's the cheapest possible experiment. The next
thing would be the faucet. But: There's one more thing. Got a white bucket?
Unscrew the hose from the bottom of the faucet. (Obviously, you'll need to
have a shutoff valve for this, or have a helper in the basement, controlling
the water flow.) Turn the water on & off quickly - whatever length of time
it takes to normally see the discolored water. If you do NOT see a problem,
then the faucet is the issue.

Get a Moen faucet. Be happy.