Posted to alt.home.repair
REP REP is offline

Default Yellow water from cold water tap

wrote:
i would begin by letting the offending faucets water run a few times
for at least 30 minutes, you may be able to flush away whatever it is

I'll try running the water for periods over the weekend, but my hopes
are not high since the faucet was installed about a month ago (just
prior to X-mas).

If that doesn't work, I'll see if there is a way I can eliminate the
faucet itself. Do you know if there is any history of the flexible
(mesh?) metal hoses corroding or rusting? I thought the interior of
those were rubber and the exterior prevented bubbling or pressure
bursts. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if it's reasonable to
believe the problem would be the flexible hose.