Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Getting a new boiler fitted (quickly)? / the conclusion

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:23:54 +0000, Stuart Noble wrote:

Eventually, an acquaintance of a relative kindly came along on
Wednesday and fitted for £300 + VAT (excluding electrics, TRVs, and
making good of old boiler flue hole) a Worcester 30cdi that I bought
for £850 + VAT from a local supplier.

That's the going rate as far as I'm concerned, and it's still pretty
good money. I'm sure it *can* take 2 blokes a whole day sometimes, but
I've stood and watched at least 3 combi replacements done by one bloke
in less than half a day. 20 years with BG and I guess you get pretty
fast with the pipework

Nearly every heating upgrade (which includes a boiler replacment) IME
involves adding/replacing TRVs even if you are really quick you won't do
more than 4 an hour. So you have 2 hours of work or more on those alone.