Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Removing glue from skirting

George wrote:
"MrsDux" wrote in message
ups.com...
We have recently moved into a new house and needed to have some
dampwork done in one room. We therefore removed the skirting which was
stuck on with some sort of adhesive. We now want to put the skirting
back but the adhesive is still stuck to it. What is the best way to
remove it? We were recommended to use a chisel, is this best or is
there a product which would work better?
Thanks

Paint stripper heat gun to soften it,then it should just scrape of with a
blade.

Sounds like a lot of work. Unless it stands off the wall a lot, I'd just
just put more Gripfil on and shove it back