Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default IR Thermometer uses

wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Does it work for finding cold leaks into the house, or heat leaks out
of the house? I mean, can you point it at the edges of the door or
window or pipe and get a temp reading off of air that is blowing in or
out, or do only solid things radiate IR?

Gases don't radiate, generally, but you might sense lower-temp wood trim.

My house inspector just pointed his at the registers of the furnace/AC
to see how well the air was distributing. I assume after a short time
the solid material equilibrates to the temp of the air going through.