Posted to sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Default High Efficiency gas furnace - return air temperature

wrote:
well lewts say the home is 40 degrees, and moisture is accumulating.
pretty quick the temp should rise, and the moisture go away

perhaps he should call the manufacturer?

long term would more likely be a problem

Interesting question. One thing I've observed on my gas forced air
system is that if the house gets very cold, when the furnace first
starts up, the blower will come on for a min or two, then shut off
again. This is because the cold air causes the temp in the furnace to
drop enough that the temp switch turns off the blower. Maybe that is
one consideration. But it shouldn't be harmful, just somewhat
wasteful of electricity. In my case, if the house is down at 45, I
just put the blower on manual for awhile, until the house gets up to 55
or so.