Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Audiophile cappacitor replacement

Arfa Daily wrote:

All I said, that seems to have created the rather
vitriolic response from Graham, was that I genuinely believed that there
were measurable differences in the performance of "audio grade" caps over
bog standard types, and that there were people out there who had made those
tests.

You have to be joking !

It's done on the basis of the 'audiophool religion'.

It is worth pointing out that certain ceramic dielectrics have known non-linearities
and these should be avoided in audio circuits and electrolytic caps have to be used
intelligently with regard to their limitations.

Graham