Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Getting a new boiler fitted (quickly)? / the conclusion

On 19 Jan 2007 06:49:26 -0800, "David Pashley"
wrote:

David Pashley wrote:
Hi,

Eventually, an acquaintance of a relative kindly came along on
Wednesday and fitted for £300 + VAT (excluding electrics, TRVs, and
making good of old boiler flue hole) a Worcester 30cdi that I bought
for £850 + VAT from a local supplier.

Don't get me wrong, I quietly admire those of you that are pleased to
be making £1,500 a day fitting boilers (£300k per year, not bad!). I
just feel bad for those of your customers who can't really afford to
keep you in Ferraris. ;-)

And it took them what? about 4 hours max to fit the thing?

And it's not Ferraris, it seems to be foreign homes visited every
other weekend )