Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

"Aidan" wrote in message
ps.com...

issue. I notice you haven't mentioned the Heinlein/Hanlon thing again -
is
that because you now understand you were wrong?

No, Clive. I haven't mentioned it because it's boring, pretentious
********.
You need to get a grip on the fact that because you use it, you ain't
clever. No one uses it unless they're being pretentious.

Heinlein; "Don't ascribe to villainy...."
Hanlon "Don't ascribe to incompetence......"

The missing stamps were nicked = villainy = Heinlein's version. Got
it?

**** me, you really are stupid aren't you. You pointed to a wikipedia
article with the two quotes in it, yet you're still getting it wrong. Go and
look again.

And even with your preferred version, you're still ascribing to villany what
can be explained by incompetence - you claim you understand what these
people are saying, yet you're repeatedly going against it. Why is that?

Someone might be impressed if you could get your quotes right.

a) I'm not trying to impress, and b) I'm not the one making the basic
mistakes here.

clive