Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default The hot tap is on the left

Adrian C wrote:

If you or someone have just suffered a burn and you are in panic to
apply cold water, the dominant right hand should be closer to the cold tap.

However if you are left handed, or have suffered a burn to the right
hand, than it will take just a little longer to register a work around
to this ;-)

--

I once almost scalded my hand by using a mixer tap where the tap on the
left had a red band around it so I turned on the tap on the right