Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan Aidan is offline

Default Completely OT- Legal tender

On Jan 19, 8:33 am, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my surname
here.uk.com wrote:

The point is that local authorities use parking fines as a revenue raising
exercice.

If that bothers you, deny them their income by parking legally every time.

You are making an assumption that there is legal parking. It is a
reasonable assumption, but it is wrong.
Who would supply such legal parking?
The councils? No, they don't, because they want to maximize their
revenue from PCNs. They provide no legal parking or inadequate parking.
They prohibit parking for no good reason.

In one London Borough there were yellow lines everywhere. You needed a
ticket to park. I asked a passing warden (there were many wardens)
where I might buy aticket.

"You go to the 'Parking Shop' at the Town Hall and buy a book of
tickets."
"Can't you buy them in shop?"
"Only at the Parking Shop."
"I'm only here for one visit, I don't want a book of tickets."
"You'd have to go to the Town Hall."

The Town Hall was some miles away through roads I didn't know. I left
and didn't attend my appointment.

I neglected to ask whether you needed a ticket to park at the Town Hall.