Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks Sparks is offline

Default Telephone / Modem / Fax Plugs ?

Following an accident yesterday in the computer room, inwhich I
tripped over the telephone lead to my newly installed (had machine
for ages) Fax machine and ripping the wires the plug that goes into
the back of the machine, can anyone tell me what the ref number of
these small plugs are please so that I can make a new lead up.
It is a 6 pin plug.
I am not talking about the 631a plug that fits the BT socket, I am
talking about the one that fits the other end.
A supplier address etc would be most welcomed as well please.

That would be an RJ11 plug.
If it has all 6 contacts, then it's a RJ11 6P6C
If there are 4 contacts (but 6 positions) then it's a 6P4C (The outer two
positions are empty in these connectors)

Sparks...