Posted to alt.home.repair
dancer1 via HomeKB.com dancer1 via HomeKB.com is offline

Default anyone with mold recurrence after remediation?

I am looking for anyone who has a personal experience-good, bad, or otherwise-
with dealing with mold remediation. How was the house remediated? How
extensive was the mold? What kind was it? How long has it been, and has it
returned? Looking at buying a house that has mold, water problem solved, and
remediator says gutting and restoration of affected area (lower level of a
trilevel house) and removal of carpeting in upper levels, along with complete
cleansing and fungicide of walls and surfaces in the whole house etc will
remove the mold and prevent its recurrence IF the water problem does not
continue or recur. Anyone care to comment on your experience with this?? We
ae trying to decide if this is worth tackling. We love the house, and can
get it from the bank and repair it for at least $60,000 less than the other
houses in the neighborhood. Thanks for any comments!