Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default HAHA - FIXED IT MYSELF!!!!: Furnace blows but does not heat (intermittent problem)

"CJT" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote in message
. ..

Steve B wrote in message ...

My toothpick repair is still working, and I go tomorrow to buy a smart
valve, which I shall replace according to his instructions, saving

myself

$300 to $400 in labor.

Which is cheap. In my prime, I charged $850 per hour for my services.

Steve.

Good for you Steve. I think it's always good when a homeowner can do
their own repairs. It saves a lot of grief IMO.

Cheri

I fixed my oven for $62, and the oven guy wanted $350.

Steve

Yeah, I recently replaced the igniter in mine for 30 bucks. I couldn't
even get a repairman to the front door for that.

I pulled my oven out to find the tech guide. I turned on the power to the
oven. I got the error code. I looked it up, and the fix. I did it.

The guy who came over and gave me the huge bid had put on his proposal that
what he was going to fix wasn't even what was wrong with the unit.

We got a check in a couple of weeks for the $80 that he charged us to come
out and misdiagnose the problem.

Steve