Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Fisher VCR model FVH919 snowy pix.

wrote:
I disassembled the head assembly --snip-.--

I put the other set of heads back on but that made no
difference either. I still have continuity on both coils but I wonder
if I blundered the procedure somehow. Lenny

Hate to **** on your bonfire, but it might be time to call it a day.
After all we're dealing with a 20 year old unit here, you've already
done what you can. With very good Hifi stereo VHS decks around cheap
second hand, it seems silly to waste more time on this one. Sometimes
it's best to know when to stop and spend time more productively.
Good luck.
-B.