Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Preventing Floor Damage Due to Refrigerator

wrote:
Hello,
Just purchased my first house and it has beautiful wood floors in the
kitchen. This concerns me a little when it comes to refrigerator
leaks. I know there are drip pans in the refrigerator but have read
that leaking is still a common problem due to various issues. Just
wondering if there was a solution in laying something down underneath
the refrigerator just in case there was external leaking? Maybe some
sort of thin plastic mat or similar? A new refrigerator is being
delivered at the end of this month and wanted to have something in
place just in case.

Thanks!

I'd be more worried about the feet marring the floor when you slide it
around to clean; I'm wondering if maybe one of those office chair mats
might not be the ticket.

nate