Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS GregS is offline

Default Powering internal PC fans

In article SjPrh.9536$Wz.7259@trndny06, wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to power a standard internal pc fan with an
external power supply? Are there any products out there that would make
this simple? What I am doing is I have a lot of external hardware in a
homemade case to provide portability. I have created an array of fans
in the rear of it but need a way to power them without running them
from the PCs internal supply. Any help would be great

Sure, just use one of those cheap "wall wart" bricks that puts out 12vdc.

You can buy a 12 volt regulated wall warts from jameco, just a bit more
than the unregulated model. Also small and light weight.

greg