Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Low energy light bulbs - comparison

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:22:09 GMT someone who may be T i m
wrote this:-

p.s. I saw CFL based floodlight the other day .. I'm keeping my eye
out for one locally as the 300W flood lamp that covered the back
garden failed about 2 years ago ...

They have been around for 5-10 years. They generally take three PL
type bulbs. Probably not as much light from one as a 300W linear
halogen light, but plenty of light for most tasks.

Whether one should leave such lights on for a long period is another
matter...

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh