Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Low energy light bulbs - comparison

On 2007-01-18 13:06:36 +0000, Harry Bloomfield
said:

David Hansen wrote :
Ditto. I have had a low energy bulb in a toilet for I suppose
getting on for a decade now. It is often just switched on for a few
minutes. It was still working fine this morning.

Some designs of low energy bulb are better than others in this duty
cycle, just like some designs of GLS bulb are.

So the advantage of putting a relatively expensive low energy lamp in
such a location would be what exactly? You do not save much if any
energy if it is only turned on for a couple of minutes and the
manufacturing process is not very green when compared to an ordinary
cheap filament lamp.

You salve your conscience if you are gullible enough to be taken in by
the hype surrounding all of this.