Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Planned Obselescence....A Good Thing?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

That must be why they are going from country to country dumping toxic
waste until they get chased out.

Or why they have been forced to go to lead free solder.

The free ride the electronics industry has been getting is coming to an
end.

And with it is the age of artificially cheap electronics...

TMT

There is a plant being built in Florida just to recycle electronic parts.
It is becoming profitable on some level. There is certainly enough "raw
material" to be had.

Where is this plant, who runs it, has it been completed or is it being
built, and what does "profitable on some level" actually mean? Recycling
has been pursued at many levels for some time, but I am curious to know if
someone is actually making a profit at it and what level of recycling is
going on. What are the byproducts and environmental costs of the recycling?
The idea of recycling is a good thing, but the reality of it is that it is
very difficult to make it work in a profitable and environmentally friendly
manner in many cases. Can we have some more info or did you just get a
whiff of something?

Leonard

It has removed 21740 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!