Posted to rec.woodworking
lwhaley lwhaley is offline

Default Home Depot's Chinese made plywood

Seeker wrote:
Anyone have any good experiences with the new Chinese made so called
3/4" (11/16")oak plywood? Bought two sheets of what seemed to be flat
plywood but after cutting them to size I noticed the pieces began to
warp and twist very badly also after cutting the pieces and exposing the
inner cores there were a lot of unglued plies, man this stuff is junk.
Plan on taking this up with HD's management.

OK, I have have bad experiences at HD like most of you. I am not here
to defend HD, no way. But... one thing about HD is that they have a
rather liberal return policy at least where I live.

If you were to return that material and ask for a full refund they
would not blink. They would give you an immediate refund or credit
even if a sheet was cut open. I see people returning warped boards, no
kidding. Try returning a warped board at your local yard.

So, if you don't like their product don't complain. Just get a full
refund. Then double your budget and go to a local vendor.