Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default More ADSL/Phone Wiring Qs

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:50:33 -0000 someone who may be "TheScullster"
wrote this:-

As I have 2 cables run to loft already,

Something you didn't bother to tell us earlier, when you gave the
strong impression that there is only one cable.

Is there an "ADSL only" connection box available that I can terminate A and
B in (in the loft) for the router/modem - RJ11?

You can use an RJ11 or RJ45 socket. The lead will be an RJ11, but
this will plug into an RJ45. See the bottom of
http://www.clarity.it/xcart/home.php?cat=259

Is the base plate for the master box different between analogue and ADSL?

What you do is unscrew the existing bottom bit at the front and put
the new one http://www.clarity.it/xcart/home.php?cat=262 in. If you
have an older NTE5 get the screws for 20p and you won't knacker the
threads, so you can put the old bottom bit back should you want.

The new bit sticks out a little and so may not find favour with the
domestic authorities. Tell her that it is a lot neater looking than
dangly filters everywhere.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh