Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Low energy light bulbs - comparison

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:04:03 GMT someone who may be Harry Bloomfield
wrote this:-

You should only consider using the low energy lamps where the light is
turned on and left on for a sensible period of time

That was the advice when such lamps came out, but things have moved
on since then.

The low energy lamps just don't survive very long if frequently
switched,

Ditto. I have had a low energy bulb in a toilet for I suppose
getting on for a decade now. It is often just switched on for a few
minutes. It was still working fine this morning.

Some designs of low energy bulb are better than others in this duty
cycle, just like some designs of GLS bulb are.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh