Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default HAHA - FIXED IT MYSELF!!!!: Furnace blows but does not heat (intermittent problem)

"Pinko Flaggo" wrote

Okay, I'm starting to get it now. Not only are we supposed to call in a
highly experienced HVAC professional, we're supposed to shop around for
the
highest bidder.

Nothing means nothing. I went up into the attic yesterday to reroute some
LAN cables from my router to computers in various rooms in my house.

In the process, I handed down to my wife about 25 feet of ducting that was
left from the previous remodel. Dead and discarded ducting that the workers
were simply too lazy to hand down to ground hands for disposal. I used four
rolls of metal sided tape to seal air leaks in the ductwork that the
previous "professionals" were incapable of wrapping around pipes. Yeah,
putting tape on gaps is tough, even for trained professionals. I opened up
and rounded out several areas where they had crushed ductwork by crawling
over it, and not putting it back to at least some form of round.

All this done by hvac "professionals" who were paid top dollar.

This happened before my appearance on the scene, or I would have not paid
them until they had done the job and done it correctly. We get into all
this discussion, but when a sixth grader can look at a pipe and see it has a
big hole in it, there is some indication that there is something obviously
wrong with this picture.

Steve