Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Low energy light bulbs - comparison

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:02:41 +0000 someone who may be Peter Scott
wrote this:-

Problem is I need to change several light fittings and buy new
free-standing ones for reading etc. I don't want to do this until I know
more about the the sizes, output and light colour of the bulbs.

The sizes are stated in various places. They range from lamps no
larger than GLS lamps to ones considerably larger. Some are also
considerably heavier, which may be of concern in some fittings.

Output and light colour is to some extent a matter of personal
prejudice. Some will swear blind that such lamps are dim, take too
long to warm up, are no good for almost anything and the available
figures on output and colour are all wrong. On the other hand some
have been using such lamps since the 1980s, have now got them almost
everywhere and don't see why some make a fuss about them.

Has this topic been discussed on this ng lately?

There are search engines to answer that question.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh