Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Low energy light bulbs - comparison

Peter Scott wrote:

I'm sort of answering my own question. I have found three sites that
have more detailed information on them including colour temperature and
physical size:
www.lightbulbs-direct.com
www.bltdirect.com
www.yourwelcome.co.uk

Der...

That'll teach me to check *again* on Google before I post! Anyway, I
hope someone might find the addresses useful. I guess a faq is not needed?

If not would people be willing to share their findings? I would be happy
to put together a spreadsheet and recordset of the findings if they
appeared to be consistent and useful (maybe I'll regret saying that!). I
could put this on my website with a link on the faq or it might go on
the faq itself.

What do people think?

Peter Scott

I think a faq is needed, this is a common question. IME there are good,
so-so and oh-no.

I've had good experiences with Osram, the toolstation ones were all so
so but not the best light quality, Philips I've not been tempted to buy
any more, and the one poundland one I bought out of curiosity was dire.

If you write something, here's a good place for it:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ecial:Allpages

NT