Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default scrap metal prices?

In article , Tom The Great wrote:

Can anyone tell me how much is a good amount before I try to sell it?

No.

A "good amount" is what the recyclers _in_your_area_ are paying for it.

The prices paid by scrap yards even twenty miles away are not meaningful,
because (unless you're recycling several hundred pounds) it won't be
worthwhile making the drive just to get an extra nickel a pound. You need to
pick up the phone and call _your_local_scrap_yards_. Pricing from anywhere
else is meaningless.

--
Regards,