Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default 6 volts DC for 2 inch TV

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:28:47 -0600, me wrote:

James Sweet wrote in news:EGdrh.14380$Ch1.11938
@trndny04:

b wrote:
mm ha escrito:

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:38:13 -0500, David Naylor
Radio Shack has a cig adaptor that is voltage selectable and has many
pugable jacks that fit most everything for around 20 bucks

Wow. I"ll check on that too.

I'd say DON'T- those things are usually crap chinese made unregulated
supplies, the ones i have used have had a sloppy fit in the car jack
too.

The one I had was regulated, it contained an LM317.

ditto.

I'm not try to answer the question of whether RS sells 2 or 3
different models of this, one without and one or two with.

Over the past few days I put the jack on the tv, the Sony Watchman.

And I checked the voltage on all my cell phone car chargers. I have a
few extra because I bought some at hamfests for a friend, and the
first two didn't fit (a dollar apiece.) None have the voltage or
current capability marked, but the voltages we

5.47, 6.06**, 7.05, 7.67, 8.98, 9.63
I didn't think there would be this much differnce, since I thought all
cell phones used similar 3 cell batteries.

**This one I keep in my car for my own cellphone
(that I never use 8-) ).

I only tested the two with the lowest voltage:

Setting 1 Setting 2
No load Sound Only Sound and Picture

5.48 5.43 2.50
sound quivers no sound or picture

6.06 6.03 2.52
sound is fine no sound or picture

I'm afraid to try any of the chargers with higher voltage, especially
since the voltage barely drops when used for sound only, and since I
don't think the current capacity will be any higher, so it won't be
enough for picture anyhow.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)