Brian Smith

Default bicycle seat post?

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
If it were me, solid metal. Tubing is to save cost and weight.
solid steel.

Overseas - in the Marshall Islands - we had Goose neck steering and
high seats. It was great on the back and such. Sadly they, the high

handlebars
and high seats are not allowed in the states.

Some extremes were inverted frames and weird stuff - nothing to do, just

dream and do.

Martin

Actually, there is no law preventing any choice of steering or seats, with
the exception of the fact that most states and
cities do require the use of both hands on a handlebar of some type.
It's probably just the case that whatever you rode over there isn't popular
here.
Folks here have been building some pretty shoddy examples of "tall bikes"
for some years now.
You can start here to get an idea - no regulations against wierd designs (or
shoddyness!)
http://www.geocities.com/ratpatrolhq/BikesTall.html

Brian