Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default scrap metal prices?

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:07:59 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Tom The Great wrote:
I have some copper, brass and aluminum left over from an electrical
project. Is there a standard way to get the base prices for recycling
these materials?

I figured once I get the base prices, I can call around to see who has
the best prices.

"Base prices" are irrelevant. An item is worth exactly what someone is willing
to pay you for it, and no more. The only prices that matter are the prices
paid by recyclers that are close enough to you that you're willing to drive
there.

And that means pick up the phone and call around to see who has the best
prices.

Good advice, I was looking for information before calling people.

Can anyone tell me how much is a good amount before I try to sell it?

tom @
www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com