Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Screwing in drywall

z wrote:
Eigenvector wrote:

One of the nice advantages of using drywall nails is that unlike drywall
screws - you can easily remove them when you need to. Once that joint
compound goes up, the screw will be almost impossible to remove using a
screwdriver.

That's why I never put up drywall in my garage.

Do you plan on regularly taking down the wall covering in the garage?

The garage in my new house was drywalled but not taped/mudded/painted.
I took down the drywall to redo the electrical, but now I'm planning on
putting it back up and finishing it properly. I don't anticipate
opening up the walls again after this point, so I don't really see any
point in not finishing them properly.

I should note that I'm up in Canada, and winters get very cold here, so
the walls need to be insulated and vapour-barriered anyway.

Chris