Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Saving the planet

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:38:06 +0000 The Natural Philosopher wrote :
I don't think so.

I have been watching the digital stat this winter..a sunny clear
day as opposed to a dull one nets only about 1-2C rise in the room.
And thats from the solar systems best 'radiator'

I guess the reason why we put on anoraks is to stop our bodies
losing heat by radiation eh?

multi layer things like coats and jackets that trap air in spaces
are known to be better than one thick layer..curtains when lined
are simply an example of the same.

Yes, but curtains, mine away, are not trapping air behind them to any
extent. You've got gaps at the cill and at rail level a continuous gap
(with most curtain rails anyway).