Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default 230v Wiring Terms Query Please

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:37:22 GMT, "Bertie Doe"
wrote:

Hi there
I need to get an electrician, to wire in a mains digital display thermostat,
he should arrive next week. Meanwhile, looking at the wiring diagram
supplied with the stat, as one does, I see the supply is marked 'Line' and
'AC'

Can I assume that;

Line = Live feed in
AC = Neutral or Return

The reason why I am asking is that the loose paper wiring diagram printed on
the Installation Instructions shows a connection from terminal 6 on the
stat, to load (heating element), and then to Line.
The diagram stuck on the back of the stat itself, shows from terminal 6, to
load, to AC.

If anyone can define Line and AC, I would really appreciate it. TIA

Bertie

AC would be air con. ie cooling not heating.