Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default Toshiba W-603 VCR problem

These were Samsung - built and they also made lots of models for RCA, (RCA
VR506, Samsung VR3701, etc).

There's an RCA part number for this cap - it's fairly cheap, if it's
available that is.

I'll try to look it up and repost.

Also, one could probably get it from bdent.com

Mark Z.

wrote:
JANA wrote:
Check for high ESR caps in the power supply. You will need an ESR
meter to do so.

--

JANA
_____

I found the problem. I had a feeling it was power supply caps too.
But it wasn't one of the output filter caps, it was a 22uF
non-polarized cap on the primary side of the switching xformer. It
measures 0.1uF with my LC53 Z meter.

Sucks it's a non-polar; out of the hundreds of caps in my stock, I
have none of these type.