Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob Lee Rob Lee is offline

Default LN 140 -- Veritas alternative?

"alexy" wrote in message
Have about decided to use a Christmas gift certificate for a LN 140.

This review http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5562
points out some negatives of this plane, but Alf's main negatives seem
to be as a general purpose skew plane. Having just fielded my first
raised panels with bench planes, I'm sold on this plane for that
purpose, and am willing to live with the negatives mentioned in this
review.

However, in the discussion, someone asked "Do you know if Veritas got
plans to manufacture one of these types?", to which Rob Lee replied
"....of course..... but different..."

Anyone (Rob?) know the status of that? The only candidate I know of in
the last 18 months is the trim plane, which is a small skew plane, but
not a 140 substitute for my purpose.
--
Alex -- Replace "nospam" with "mail" to reply by email. Checked
infrequently.

Hi Alex -

Yes - I know the status of it....

We'll be doing R+L skew rebate planes (not in block plane form) later this
year... design is 90% complete. We have several other planes ahead of it
(them) right now...

Cheers -

Rob