Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Trying to change this lawn tractor tire

Another option if you're not saving the tire is a hack saw. Saw the durn
thing in half. The tire that is, not the wheel. G

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
ups.com...
The tires are worn out. I need to replace them.

DerbyDad03 wrote:
Have you considered leaving it on the wheel and putting a tube in it?
Or is it a serious wear problem you're trying eliminate?

wrote:
Someone once said that trying to take a tire off of a little lawn
tractor wheel is like pulling teeth....through the anus. I think they
are right.

So what's the trick? I can easily break the bead but getting the bead
off is a task. I thought my tire changer would do it but then I found
that the 4" tire is too small and the tire changer can't grab it.
Doh!!!!

Then I see this tool from Notherntool.com for small wheels but then it
says you need a minimum of 5cm hole in the wheel! That's quite a large
hole for a small wheel. Then they have another tool for like $400!

So what is the trick? Just use multiple tire irons and soap and water?
I messed with it for half an hour - I'll try more tomorow. The key
here is how to do without damaging the wheel.