Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default PVC Cement on CPVC Pipe 1/2"

On 16 Jan 2007 09:52:13 -0800, "
wrote:

The only plastic pipes I have fiddled with are the sump pump output,
the AC condensate drain, and the water heater leak-into-the-sump pipe.

None of these pipes are hot water pipes... and none are constantly
pressurized. You should be fine, even if you used bamboo instead of
pipe. ;-)

Doesn't ABS stand for athyl-bamboo-silicate?

I don't even have a water heater over-pressure valve pipe
on mine...namely because if it does blow, I'm screwed just as much
either way.

Your AC drain has no pressure at all, unless it clogs with mold or
something. In which case, the cement on the pipe is the least of your
worries.

You're right.

also, CPVC is usually used for hot water. PVC works just fine for
cold water.

Thanks.