Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3/4" or 1" copper water main pipe? Result is good, anyway.

Dan_Musicant wrote:
After the 3/4" water main was installed I am finding that my water
pressure is very much improved. I don't notice it so much when using a
tap or whatever. What I'm noticing is when I use more than one thing.
For instance, I can flush the toilet and not have my shower lose 2/3 of
its flow! It's a major improvement. The interior piping is still very
old 1/2" galvanized almost entirely, but it appears that the old 1/2"
galvanized water main was severely corroded, both on the interior and
exterior. Well, whether it was interior or exterior, combined they were
enough to make the pipe so fragile as to break in the first place,
leading to the necessary replacement.

Dan

time to replace the remainder before it leaks and does damage

the improved pressure and flow may lead to other faster failures