Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default Furnace not starting all the time on the first try?

Heathcliff wrote in message
.com...
I just went through this too. The flame sensor, if it's like mine, is
a little rod that pokes into the flame area, with a wire connecting it
to the control module. You can see some by googling flame sensor so you
know what you're looking for. Apparently carbon buildup can make it
not operate correctly. Turn off power to the furnace and remove the
flame sensor, and clean the rod with some fine steel wool. The trick
here is thoroughness, go at it with the steel wool for like 15 minutes.
Good luck and post back if it works. -- H

Thank you very much for the information. I will definitely look it up.

Cheri