Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Planned Obselescence....A Good Thing?

Sorry but I did not mention what education background I have....none of
your business. ;)

The cost of handling a product would be factored into the original sale
price...and the company producing it would be liable for disposal.

And yeah...I know you don't like that answer...no one including
Corporate America likes being held accountable for their actions.

TMT

dpb wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

The upgrade of electronics would not be a significant cost if the true
cost of a computer was borne by the company and not the public.

You said somewhere else you had an education in economics, but it
certainly doesn't seem to show.

Even if you could somehow come up with this mystical "true cost of a
computer" to tax the manufacturer for, where but from the eventual
customer would "the company" have to generate this revenue? And,
having done so, what else could happen but to raise the cost to "the
public"?

Of course, the employer pays that 6.25% FICA tax, too.